- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets, skin removed, cut into 16-20 cubes
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, plus some to baste the fish
- 16 1-inch cubes green bell pepper
- 16 wedges of red onion
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (see note)
- * vegetable oil for the grill
- GINGER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place the salmon in a bowl; pour in the 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce. Toss to coat the fish; cover and marinate in the fridge for one to two hours.
- While the salmon marinates, combine the ginger sauce ingredients in a small bowl and cover and store in the fridge until the salmon is cooked.
- When the salmon has fully marinated, divide and thread the fish, bell pepper and onion on four long skewers. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat your barbecue or indoor grill to medium-high. Oil the grill to help prevent the skewers from sticking. Cook the kebabs for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the salmon is just cooked through. Baste the fish with a little teriyaki sauce after turning over. Divide the skewers among plates and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve a small bowl or dollop of the ginger sauce alongside for dipping.
- Cook's Note: To toast the sesame seeds, place them in a non-stick skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, swirling the pan from time to time, until lightly toasted, about five minutes
NotesHere's a Japanese-style way to prepare salmon. Steamed rice and cucumber salad make nice accompaniments
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More