- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets, skin removed, cut into 16-20 cubes
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, plus some to baste the fish
- 16 1-inch cubes green bell pepper
- 16 wedges of red onion
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (see note)
- * vegetable oil for the grill
- GINGER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place the salmon in a bowl; pour in the 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce. Toss to coat the fish; cover and marinate in the fridge for one to two hours.
- While the salmon marinates, combine the ginger sauce ingredients in a small bowl and cover and store in the fridge until the salmon is cooked.
- When the salmon has fully marinated, divide and thread the fish, bell pepper and onion on four long skewers. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat your barbecue or indoor grill to medium-high. Oil the grill to help prevent the skewers from sticking. Cook the kebabs for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the salmon is just cooked through. Baste the fish with a little teriyaki sauce after turning over. Divide the skewers among plates and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve a small bowl or dollop of the ginger sauce alongside for dipping.
- Cook's Note: To toast the sesame seeds, place them in a non-stick skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, swirling the pan from time to time, until lightly toasted, about five minutes
NotesHere's a Japanese-style way to prepare salmon. Steamed rice and cucumber salad make nice accompaniments
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More