- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- 2. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
- 3. Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- 4. Add water to thin if you over-thick it
NotesI always have soy sauce on hand but I never seem to have teriyaki around. Must be because soy sauce is called for, in the recipes that I see, more often than teriyaki. I found that when I did see teriyaki in a recipe I'd pass it up cuz I didn't have any. Well.....problem solved!!! I found this restaurant recipe for teriyaki sauce. Now I can make the Sesame Chicken recipe that I've been wanting to try. wooo hoooo! Oh, btw, I found this recipe at recipezaar.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More