- Cooking Time: chill to set
- Servings: uses 2 bags of pretzels
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
BackstoryMy Co-Worker shared this recipe with me. I needed a quick and easy dish to bring to a party. This is still a favorite among my family and friends and usually gets made a lot during football season.
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese, softened - I usually do 1 regular + 1 light
- 1 (1 oz.) pkg. Ranch Dip Mix
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Approx. 1/3 c. of Beer (Many brands have been tried, but Heineken tastes the best)
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and dressing mix.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Add beer a little at a time until the mixture appears soupy and mushy. It will set up as it's chilled. In my experience, the soupier the misture the easier to dip when set.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, overnight if possible.
- Serve with Pretzels for dipping.
Adventures in Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More