- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbs. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pitted fresh bing cherries
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice; more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Sea Salt and freshly ground telicherry Black Pepper
- 16 oz. pre-cooked jumbo lump crab
- 1/2 cup finely chopped grilled fennel
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh chives (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 ripe avocado, medium dice
- 2 head Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1. Remove any bits of shell from the crab meat. Cut the fennel in half and grill over medium heat to slightly char the fennel. After it cools, chop the fennel finely.
- 2. Combine all of the ingredients (except the lettuce) and mix gently. Pull leaves from the lettuce and spoon the crab salad over the lettuce leaves. Serve cold.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More