- Cooking Time: 24
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThese tortilla wedges are made with flour tortillas, Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses, and sliced tomatoes.
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, or more
- 8 flour tortillas, (10-inch, or burrito size)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or guacamole
- In medium bowl, combine the cheeses, green onions, and cilantro; mix well.
- Divide the cheese mixture among 4 of the tortillas then top with the tomatoes.
- Top each tortilla with another tortilla.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook each quesadilla for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn and cook for 1 minute, or until cheese melts.
- Transfer each to a plate.
- With a serrated knife, cut each tortilla sandwich into 8 wedges.
- Top with the the sour cream or guacamole and chopped tomato or salsa.