TEX MEX CHIPOTLE SLOPPY JOES
- Servings: 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups bottled mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) kaiser rolls, cut in half horizontally
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 2 minutes or until soft.
Add sugar and next 5 ingredients (through turkey); cook 5 minutes or until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
Stir in salsa; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick.
Stir in cilantro.
Spread about 3/4 cup turkey mixture on bottom half of each roll; cover with top half of each roll.
Contributor: Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2005