- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups bottled mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) kaiser rolls, cut in half horizontally
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add sugar and next 5 ingredients (through turkey); cook 5 minutes or until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in salsa; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Spread about 3/4 cup turkey mixture on bottom half of each roll; cover with top half of each roll.
NotesMake a quick black bean and corn salad to serve with the sandwiches. The turkey can also be served over rice or as a taco or enchilada filling.
Contributor: Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2005
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More