- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups bottled mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) kaiser rolls, cut in half horizontally
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add sugar and next 5 ingredients (through turkey); cook 5 minutes or until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in salsa; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Spread about 3/4 cup turkey mixture on bottom half of each roll; cover with top half of each roll.
NotesMake a quick black bean and corn salad to serve with the sandwiches. The turkey can also be served over rice or as a taco or enchilada filling.
Contributor: Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2005
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More