TEX MEX CORN CASSEROLE
- Cooking Time: 55 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 - 4oz can of diced green chillies
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3 TB sugar
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mild sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350' F. Spray a 13x9 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium pan heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium low heat. Saute the onions, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, whipping cream, 2 TB vegetable oil, melted butter and green chillies.
- Cut the corn off the cob and then run the knife up the cob to release the remaining "milk"
- Add corn to the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine then add to the corn mixture.
- Pour into your prepared casserole dish
- Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown and the center is set.
NotesWhen you combine fresh corn off the cob with green chillies, bell peppers, onions and more....you know it's gonna be good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More