- Cooking Time: 55 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen you combine fresh corn off the cob with green chillies, bell peppers, onions and more....you know it's gonna be good!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 - 4oz can of diced green chillies
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3 TB sugar
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mild sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350' F. Spray a 13x9 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium pan heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium low heat. Saute the onions, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, whipping cream, 2 TB vegetable oil, melted butter and green chillies.
- Cut the corn off the cob and then run the knife up the cob to release the remaining "milk"
- Add corn to the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine then add to the corn mixture.
- Pour into your prepared casserole dish
- Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown and the center is set.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Elisabeth Wedding Fun 2015
Rachel's Vegan KitchenSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More