- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this on the Cooking Light website and it is soooo yummy!
(serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
CALORIES 344(30% from fat); FAT 11.4g (sat 5.3g,mono 4.1g,poly 1.4g); PROTEIN 23.4g; CHOLESTEROL 51mg; CALCIUM 193mg; SODIUM 632mg; FIBER 3.6g; IRON 2.9mg; CARBOHYDRATE 38.5g
- 1 pound uncooked radiatore pasta (short coiled pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- Salsa (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add turkey; cook until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates and the turkey is done, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine pasta, turkey mixture, reduced-fat cheese, and next 6 ingredients (through beans) in a large bowl.
- Combine lime juice, salt, cumin, and sour cream, stirring until well blended.
- Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.