TEX-MEX RICE & BEAN CASSEROLE
- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup canned yellow corn, drained
- 1 tbsp. green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12.5 oz) can canned all white chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- ¾ cup Mexican-style cheese
- ¾ cup fat free sour cream
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallions
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup Mexican-style cheese
Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl combine corn, chilies, beans, rice, ¾ cup Mexican-style cheese, sour cream, chili powder, salt, pepper, and scallions.
Spoon into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Mexican-style cheese and pepper jack cheese.
Return to oven and bake until cheese bubbles.
Let stand for 5 minutes to firm up before slicing.