- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1.61 ounce) package brown gravy mix (regular or no-fat)
- 2 tablespoons mild red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 to 12 regular-size tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups uncooked rings pasta
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth pint jar. In small bowl, stir together chili powder, oregano, cumin, onion and garlic salt. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add layers of tortilla chips and pasta to fill jar. Seal with lid. Attach gift tag (below) and decorate jar as desired.
- Attach a gift tag with the following instructions:
- Brown 1/2 pound ground beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add contents of jar and 7 cups water; heat to boiling. Stir in 1 (15 ounce) can corn with red and green bell peppers and 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded Monterey jack cheese, if desired.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More