- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Tortilla Chips, crushed
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Seasonings for Beef: Cumin, Chili Powder, Jalapeno Salt, Onion Powder. to taste
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican seasoned Rice
- Chopped Fresh Lettuce
- Cheddar or Colby-Jack Cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream, Optional
- Salsa, Optional
- Brown the Beef,drain and add seasonings.
- Meanwhile, steam and season rice and prepare beans.
- For Assembly:
- Begin with crushed tortilla chips as base of the "stack-up".
- Add beef, then beans, then rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with Lettuce, Sour Cream and salsa.
NotesIn my house growing up and now in my own house, this meal is known simply as "Stack-Up". It is a quick, filling, easy Tex-Mex salad type of meal. Be careful though- the ingredients seem to grow as you "stack it up"!
This meal is so simple and is really a crowd pleaser- We always do this for parties because it is easy and something different- Plus there are common ingredients that different people can bring! Fiesta!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More