- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Tortilla Chips, crushed
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Seasonings for Beef: Cumin, Chili Powder, Jalapeno Salt, Onion Powder. to taste
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican seasoned Rice
- Chopped Fresh Lettuce
- Cheddar or Colby-Jack Cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream, Optional
- Salsa, Optional
- Brown the Beef,drain and add seasonings.
- Meanwhile, steam and season rice and prepare beans.
- For Assembly:
- Begin with crushed tortilla chips as base of the "stack-up".
- Add beef, then beans, then rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with Lettuce, Sour Cream and salsa.
NotesIn my house growing up and now in my own house, this meal is known simply as "Stack-Up". It is a quick, filling, easy Tex-Mex salad type of meal. Be careful though- the ingredients seem to grow as you "stack it up"!
This meal is so simple and is really a crowd pleaser- We always do this for parties because it is easy and something different- Plus there are common ingredients that different people can bring! Fiesta!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Naked MacaronSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More