- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- sliced black olives, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; saut� until golden brown on both sides and no longer pink, about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine chopped onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and celery; set aside.
- Combine chopped tomatoes with corn kernels, lime juice and grated peel, and chili powder.
- When chicken is cooked, remove to a large clean platter. Add the onion and garlic mixture to the hot skillet; saut� until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Pour tomato and corn mixture into the skillet; place chicken on top. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Taste; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with vegetable mixture, garnished with black olive slices, if desired. Serve with hot boiled rice.