- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- sliced black olives, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; saut� until golden brown on both sides and no longer pink, about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine chopped onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and celery; set aside.
- Combine chopped tomatoes with corn kernels, lime juice and grated peel, and chili powder.
- When chicken is cooked, remove to a large clean platter. Add the onion and garlic mixture to the hot skillet; saut� until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Pour tomato and corn mixture into the skillet; place chicken on top. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Taste; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with vegetable mixture, garnished with black olive slices, if desired. Serve with hot boiled rice.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More