- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine (more or less depending on desired heat)
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 jar petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add beef; brown on all sides. Remove beef; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in browned beef, spices and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour and water until smooth. Slowly stir into chili. Simmer 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Serve with shredded cheese and chopped onion, if desired.
- *** I cooked it in the crock pot and it was the desired thickness I wanted so I didnt need the flour mixture. I cooked it on low for 6 hours.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More