- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine (more or less depending on desired heat)
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 jar petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add beef; brown on all sides. Remove beef; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in browned beef, spices and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour and water until smooth. Slowly stir into chili. Simmer 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Serve with shredded cheese and chopped onion, if desired.
- *** I cooked it in the crock pot and it was the desired thickness I wanted so I didnt need the flour mixture. I cooked it on low for 6 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Adventures in Cooking
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More