- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI meant to contribute this in time for New Years but oh well! I make it every year to bring good luck and it tastes good, too.
- 2 16oz.can black eyed peas, rinsed
- 4 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 2-3 jalapenos or serranos, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain rinsed peas.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add scallions, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Toss to mix. Whisk together the oil,lime juice and vinegar and pour over blackeyed peas.
- Transfer to a large jar and marinate for a few days, turning occaisionly.( I usually just do it a day in advance).
- Serve with corn chips or hot tortillas.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More