- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 16oz.can black eyed peas, rinsed
- 4 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 2-3 jalapenos or serranos, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain rinsed peas.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add scallions, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Toss to mix. Whisk together the oil,lime juice and vinegar and pour over blackeyed peas.
- Transfer to a large jar and marinate for a few days, turning occaisionly.( I usually just do it a day in advance).
- Serve with corn chips or hot tortillas.
NotesI meant to contribute this in time for New Years but oh well! I make it every year to bring good luck and it tastes good, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More