- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 16oz.can black eyed peas, rinsed
- 4 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 2-3 jalapenos or serranos, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain rinsed peas.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add scallions, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Toss to mix. Whisk together the oil,lime juice and vinegar and pour over blackeyed peas.
- Transfer to a large jar and marinate for a few days, turning occaisionly.( I usually just do it a day in advance).
- Serve with corn chips or hot tortillas.
NotesI meant to contribute this in time for New Years but oh well! I make it every year to bring good luck and it tastes good, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More