- Cooking Time: 14
- Preparation Time: 90
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large poblano peppers, roasted, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large hamburger buns
- Assorted condiments
- Mix the onion, poblano peppers, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl; add ground meat and mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Place on a tray; cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once. Top burgers with shredded cheese during the last 1 minute of grilling.
- Toast hamburger buns on grill rack, cut sides down, about 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on buns with desired assorted condiments. Makes 4 burgers.
- Test Kitchen Tip: To roast poblano peppers, heat oven to 425 degree F. Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Roast peppers, cut side down, on foil-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes or until skins are dark. Wrap in foil; let stand 20 minutes. Peel.
- calories: 552, total fat: 30g, saturated fat: 12g, cholesterol: 120mg, sodium: 1008mg, carbohydrate: 30g, fiber: 3g, protein: 39g, calcium: 15%, iron: 36%
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More