- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large poblano peppers, roasted, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large hamburger buns
- Assorted condiments
- 1. Mix the onion, poblano peppers, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl; add ground meat and mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Place on a tray; cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 2. Place patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once. Top burgers with shredded cheese during the last 1 minute of grilling.
- 3. Toast hamburger buns on grill rack, cut sides down, about 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on buns with desired assorted condiments. Makes 4 burgers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More