- Cooking Time: 120 to 780
- Servings: 2 Texan Servings (4)
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 lb. fine diced beef cubes
- 1/4 lb. 10% fat ground beef
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage
- 1/4 of a medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 24 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tbls chili powder
- 1/2 tbls basil
- 1/2 tbls oregano
- 1 pinch cyanne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup red wine
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Lightly brown beef cubes, ground beef, and sausage in a skillet, then drain any excess fat.
- Add meats and other ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high for one hour.
- Lower heat to simmer for at least an additional hour, preferably overnight or for 24 hours.
- Yankee variants (because Chili contains none of these inherently):
- Texas Chili with Beans: Add beans
- Texas Chili with Rice: Add rice
- Texas Chili with Noodles: Add noodles
NotesThis is my personal chili recipe that has evolved over many iterations during my years of growing up and living in the great State of Texas.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More