- Cooking Time: 120 to 780
- Servings: 2 Texan Servings (4)
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 lb. fine diced beef cubes
- 1/4 lb. 10% fat ground beef
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage
- 1/4 of a medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 24 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tbls chili powder
- 1/2 tbls basil
- 1/2 tbls oregano
- 1 pinch cyanne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup red wine
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Lightly brown beef cubes, ground beef, and sausage in a skillet, then drain any excess fat.
- Add meats and other ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high for one hour.
- Lower heat to simmer for at least an additional hour, preferably overnight or for 24 hours.
- Yankee variants (because Chili contains none of these inherently):
- Texas Chili with Beans: Add beans
- Texas Chili with Rice: Add rice
- Texas Chili with Noodles: Add noodles
NotesThis is my personal chili recipe that has evolved over many iterations during my years of growing up and living in the great State of Texas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More