- Cooking Time: 120 to 780
- Servings: 2 Texan Servings (4)
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 lb. fine diced beef cubes
- 1/4 lb. 10% fat ground beef
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage
- 1/4 of a medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 24 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tbls chili powder
- 1/2 tbls basil
- 1/2 tbls oregano
- 1 pinch cyanne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup red wine
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Lightly brown beef cubes, ground beef, and sausage in a skillet, then drain any excess fat.
- Add meats and other ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high for one hour.
- Lower heat to simmer for at least an additional hour, preferably overnight or for 24 hours.
- Yankee variants (because Chili contains none of these inherently):
- Texas Chili with Beans: Add beans
- Texas Chili with Rice: Add rice
- Texas Chili with Noodles: Add noodles
NotesThis is my personal chili recipe that has evolved over many iterations during my years of growing up and living in the great State of Texas.