- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 Tbls cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups water divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cake frosting
- Melt the butter, cocoa and 1 cup water in a saucepan.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl then add to the butter/cocoa/water mixture.
- Stir in the rest of the water, buttermilk, baking soda, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour in a greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake 20 min at 40.
- When cake is still warm but not hot, poke small holes with fork in cake.
- Pour hot frosting over warm cake.
NotesI have made a couple of versions of this cake and this one is by far my favorite. I don't remember who posted it on TOH. It is easy to do and very moist. The taste is heavenly.
As far as I am concerned, this is the worlds best cake. Make the holes tiny, or else you have ugly holes showing after the frosting hardens. BUT it is so good regardless.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More