- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 Tbls cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups water divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cake frosting
- Melt the butter, cocoa and 1 cup water in a saucepan.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl then add to the butter/cocoa/water mixture.
- Stir in the rest of the water, buttermilk, baking soda, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour in a greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake 20 min at 40.
- When cake is still warm but not hot, poke small holes with fork in cake.
- Pour hot frosting over warm cake.
NotesI have made a couple of versions of this cake and this one is by far my favorite. I don't remember who posted it on TOH. It is easy to do and very moist. The taste is heavenly.
As far as I am concerned, this is the worlds best cake. Make the holes tiny, or else you have ugly holes showing after the frosting hardens. BUT it is so good regardless.