- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 6 veal scallopini, pounded very thin ( I use pork)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- If your meat isn't very thin, pound it until it is; sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- Have ready beaten egg in one bowl, bread crumbs in another.
- Dip veal into egg, let excess drip off, then dip in bread crumbs; set on a rack.
- Heat oil and butter together in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute veal until golden on both sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add onions to the skillet (you may need to add a little extra oil) and saute until limp but not brown; then add pepper rings, beef broth and mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cream and flour, and stir this into vegetables.
- Heat until thickened, then pour over veal and serve immediately
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More