- Cooking Time: 15
- 6 veal scallopini, pounded very thin ( I use pork)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
If your meat isn't very thin, pound it until it is; sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
Have ready beaten egg in one bowl, bread crumbs in another.
Dip veal into egg, let excess drip off, then dip in bread crumbs; set on a rack.
Heat oil and butter together in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Saute veal until golden on both sides, about 15 minutes total.
Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
Add onions to the skillet (you may need to add a little extra oil) and saute until limp but not brown; then add pepper rings, beef broth and mushrooms.
Cook until vegetables are tender.
Combine cream and flour, and stir this into vegetables.
Heat until thickened, then pour over veal and serve immediately