- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 5 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grease and flour a jelly roll pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Measure water, butter and cocoa into a large sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- Add sugar/flour mix, blending well, and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, add soda, milk, and vanilla.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into jelly roll pan lined with Reynold's parchment paper and lightly greased, and bake 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
NotesOk, so this ain't exactly a healthy cake, but I post enough healthy recipes to warrant a lip smacking sugary bit of heaven now and then! This one will make you lick the plate clean, then ask for another slice! Thanks go out to my friend Sandi for this recipe, which was a big hit on my last trip home!
Note: Five minutes before this cake has finished baking, start to prepare Texas Sheet Cake Frosting (noted in a separate recipe post).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More