- Cooking Time: 180–240
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 15 (not inc marinate)
- 5 lbs beef brisket, layer ¼” thick of fat
- 1 tbs each of salt, sugar & ground pepper
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 gallon Texas BBQ sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can chipotle peppers
- 2 tsps cayenne pepper
- 6 oz garlic, minced
- Prepare meat and coat with salt, sugar, ground pepper, chili powder and ground cumin.
- Place in refrigerator for 8 hours to marinate.
- Next day, cook at 350° F three to four hours for an internal temperature of 165° F. Do not overcook.
- Let set on counter for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1 to 2 pieces, grain cut.
- Add together Texas BBQ Sauce, chipotle peppers, cayenne pepper and minced garlic.
- Heat sauce to 165° F and pour over meat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More