- Cooking Time: 180–240
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 15 (not inc marinate)
- 5 lbs beef brisket, layer ¼” thick of fat
- 1 tbs each of salt, sugar & ground pepper
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 gallon Texas BBQ sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can chipotle peppers
- 2 tsps cayenne pepper
- 6 oz garlic, minced
- Prepare meat and coat with salt, sugar, ground pepper, chili powder and ground cumin.
- Place in refrigerator for 8 hours to marinate.
- Next day, cook at 350° F three to four hours for an internal temperature of 165° F. Do not overcook.
- Let set on counter for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1 to 2 pieces, grain cut.
- Add together Texas BBQ Sauce, chipotle peppers, cayenne pepper and minced garlic.
- Heat sauce to 165° F and pour over meat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More