- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-1/2 lbs of beef cubes (I usually buy more though)
- ½ cup – chopped onion
- 3 medium green peppers – chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 2 – 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes (not in puree)
- 1 – 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small can of chili powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons – salt
- 2 teaspoons – oregano
- ¾ teaspoons – pepper
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cut meat into bite size pieces and brown in oil.
- Remove meat, brown pepper, garlic and onion – about 10 minutes.
- Add oil if necessary.
- Return meat to pot, add tomatoes, liquids, etc.
- Heat to boil.
- Simmer 1-1/2 hours (but the longer is simmers the better it gets).
- Serve with french bread, shredded cheese, sour cream and any other toppings you like.
NotesThis was passed down to me from my Mom and is so great on a cold day! Great for feeding a crowd too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More