- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-1/2 lbs of beef cubes (I usually buy more though)
- ½ cup – chopped onion
- 3 medium green peppers – chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 2 – 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes (not in puree)
- 1 – 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small can of chili powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons – salt
- 2 teaspoons – oregano
- ¾ teaspoons – pepper
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cut meat into bite size pieces and brown in oil.
- Remove meat, brown pepper, garlic and onion – about 10 minutes.
- Add oil if necessary.
- Return meat to pot, add tomatoes, liquids, etc.
- Heat to boil.
- Simmer 1-1/2 hours (but the longer is simmers the better it gets).
- Serve with french bread, shredded cheese, sour cream and any other toppings you like.
NotesThis was passed down to me from my Mom and is so great on a cold day! Great for feeding a crowd too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More