- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts; ground or minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce; thai kitchen or other
- 2 spring onions; sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander; minced
- 2 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1 cup Bread crumbs; plain
- 2 teaspoon Sesame seeds; toasted
- 2 thai chilies; red, minced
- 1/3 cups weet chili sauce; for dipping (thai kitchen or other brand)
- 1. Combine fish sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce, onions, coriander, Thai chilies, breadcrumbs, minced or ground chicken, and mix well
- 2. Roll into small balls. About 1 1/2 tbsp to about the size of a large walnut.
- 3. Set balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet, and set in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes
- 4. While cooling, in a small bowl, combine lime juice and 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce, and set aside.
- 5. Heat oil in a frying pan (non-stick) over medium heat.
- 6. Once oil is heated, cook chicken balls in batches until golden brown and cooked through. About 5 - 7 minutes total frying time.
- 7. Plate, drizzle with a tbsp of sweet chili sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a side of sweet chili sauce.
- 8. Enjoy! Makes for great party treat & can store in the freezer for later use! For less of a kick leave out the Thai chilies
NotesA quick and easy recipe from my girlfriend. They are really tasty and great as an app or a party platter on a game day! Another great twist on a meatball! Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Food Travels Through Italy
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More