Thai Chicken Meatballs
1 pound boneless chicken breasts; ground or minced
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce; thai kitchen or other
2 spring onions; sliced
1/4 cup Fresh Coriander; minced
2 tablespoons Peanut oil
2 teaspoons Lime Juice
1 cup Bread crumbs; plain
2 teaspoon Sesame seeds; toasted
2 thai chilies; red, minced
1/3 cups weet chili sauce; for dipping (thai kitchen or other brand)
1. Combine fish sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce, onions, coriander, Thai chilies, breadcrumbs, minced or ground chicken, and mix well
2. Roll into small balls. About 1 1/2 tbsp to about the size of a large walnut.
3. Set balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet, and set in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes
4. While cooling, in a small bowl, combine lime juice and 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce, and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan (non-stick) over medium heat.
6. Once oil is heated, cook chicken balls in batches until golden brown and cooked through. About 5 - 7 minutes total frying time.
7. Plate, drizzle with a tbsp of sweet chili sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a side of sweet chili sauce.
8. Enjoy! Makes for great party treat & can store in the freezer for later use! For less of a kick leave out the Thai chilies
Pairs Well With
A quick and easy recipe from my girlfriend. They are really tasty and great as an app or a party platter on a game day! Another great twist on a meatball! Delicious!