- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1/2" slice fresh ginger root
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh mint
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro, optional
- 2 1/2 cups carrot juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 2 bags oriental frozen vegetables
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 teaspoons Spike seasoning, or other no salt seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman's VegiZest
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter, no salt
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- Cook brown rice according to directions and set aside until ready to serve.
- Very thinly slice chicken.
- Lightly brown chicken over high heat.
- Turn down heat to medium and cook until done.
- Do not overcook chicken; when pricked with fork and juice runs clear the chicken is cooked. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In food processor, finely chop garlic, ginger root, mint, basil, and cilantro, reserving some for top, if desired.
- Mix carrot juice w/ arrow root powder.
- Place all ingredients (except for peanut butter, coconut milk, and cashews) into a wok or large skillet.
- Cook on high heat, covered, stirring often, until vegetables are just tender and chicken cooked through about 10-15 minutes.
- Push vegetables aside and add peanut butter, stirring to blend with liquid.
- Toss to distribute.
- Add coconut milk and heat until hot.
- Place chicken on the brown rice, cover with vegetable mixture and top with chopped cashews. Also delicious topped with the fresh herbs. Serves 4.
Notestaken from diseaseproof.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Short & SweetSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More