- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1/2" slice fresh ginger root
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh mint
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro, optional
- 2 1/2 cups carrot juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 2 bags oriental frozen vegetables
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 teaspoons Spike seasoning, or other no salt seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman's VegiZest
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter, no salt
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- Cook brown rice according to directions and set aside until ready to serve.
- Very thinly slice chicken.
- Lightly brown chicken over high heat.
- Turn down heat to medium and cook until done.
- Do not overcook chicken; when pricked with fork and juice runs clear the chicken is cooked. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In food processor, finely chop garlic, ginger root, mint, basil, and cilantro, reserving some for top, if desired.
- Mix carrot juice w/ arrow root powder.
- Place all ingredients (except for peanut butter, coconut milk, and cashews) into a wok or large skillet.
- Cook on high heat, covered, stirring often, until vegetables are just tender and chicken cooked through about 10-15 minutes.
- Push vegetables aside and add peanut butter, stirring to blend with liquid.
- Toss to distribute.
- Add coconut milk and heat until hot.
- Place chicken on the brown rice, cover with vegetable mixture and top with chopped cashews. Also delicious topped with the fresh herbs. Serves 4.
Notestaken from diseaseproof.com
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More