- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c Gluten Free Flat Rice Noodles
- 3 c Bok Choy
- 2 Large Red Chiles, Seeded & Sliced Thinly at an Angle
- 10 Scallions, Thinly Sliced at an Angle
- 1 T Fresh Shredded Ginger
- 1 t Chopped Garlic
- 2 c Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, Thinly Sliced
- Vegetable Oil, for Frying
- 1 T Cornstarch
- 4 oz Gluten Free Chicken Broth
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Quartered, Seeded & Cut into Thin Strips Across (not lengthwise)
- 3/4 c Plan Cashew Nuts
- 2 T Gluten Free Japanese Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 T Gluten Free Fish Sauce
- Few Drops of Toasted Sesame Oil
- Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of very hot water for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain in a colander.
- Remove the stem sections of the bok choy & cut into lengths measuring about 1 inch. Cut the leafy part into squares measuring 1 inch & keep separate from the stem sections. Set aside until required.
- Prepare all the vegetables & chicken before you start to cook.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over a high heat until it smokes, add 2 tablespoons oil & reheat. Add the chiles, scallions, ginger, & garlic & toss around. Add the mushrooms & cook over a high heat, continuing to stir & fry for 2 minutes until the mushrooms wilt. Remove from the wok & set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok if necessary, & add the sliced chicken. Cook, stirring continuously, for a further 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Mix the cornstarch with the cold chicken broth & set aside.
- Add the red bell pepper, cashew nuts, soy sauce, & fish sauce to the wok. Stir for 1 minute. Return the onion mixture to the pan, toss well & add the drained flat rice noodles. Toss well again. Pour the slaked cornstarch into the contents of the work & stir. Allow the sauce to thicken slightly, & then toss in the bok choy stalks. Cook quickly over a high heat for a minute before adding the leafy part of the bok choy. Cook for another minute or two until the bok choy wilts & the noodles heat through. Add a few drops of toasted sesame oil. Serve immediately
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More