THAI CHICKEN AND RICE SALAD
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly crosswise
- Spicy Asian dressing (follows)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 carrot chopped into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber chopped into matchsticks (avoid the seeds.)
- chopped peanuts, lime, scallion greens for garnish
- Spicy Asian Dressing
- Combine in a bowl:
- 4 thinly sliced scallion whites
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
Place chicken and 1/2 Spicy Asian dressing plastic bag and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or over night in fridge.
Cook rice according to package directions and cover to keep warm.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, and cook chicken, in batches if necessary until done. (Liquid may not cook out, be careful not to overcook.)
Top rice with chicken. Have garnishes and dressing at table for people to use as they wish.