- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryAdapted from Everyday Food Magazine. Better, faster, and fresher than take out.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly crosswise
- Spicy Asian dressing (follows)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 carrot chopped into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber chopped into matchsticks (avoid the seeds.)
- chopped peanuts, lime, scallion greens for garnish
- Spicy Asian Dressing
- Combine in a bowl:
- 4 thinly sliced scallion whites
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place chicken and 1/2 Spicy Asian dressing plastic bag and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or over night in fridge.
- Cook rice according to package directions and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, and cook chicken, in batches if necessary until done. (Liquid may not cook out, be careful not to overcook.)
- Top rice with chicken. Have garnishes and dressing at table for people to use as they wish.