- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly crosswise
- Spicy Asian dressing (follows)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 carrot chopped into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber chopped into matchsticks (avoid the seeds.)
- chopped peanuts, lime, scallion greens for garnish
- Spicy Asian Dressing
- Combine in a bowl:
- 4 thinly sliced scallion whites
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place chicken and 1/2 Spicy Asian dressing plastic bag and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or over night in fridge.
- Cook rice according to package directions and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, and cook chicken, in batches if necessary until done. (Liquid may not cook out, be careful not to overcook.)
- Top rice with chicken. Have garnishes and dressing at table for people to use as they wish.
NotesAdapted from Everyday Food Magazine. Better, faster, and fresher than take out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More