- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 cans (19 oz each) ready-to-serve chicken noodle soup
- 16 oz firm, calcium-fortified tofu, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1 finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste with garlic
- Combine soup, tofu and coconut milk in a large saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the lime zest, lime juice, and chili paste.
- Serving Suggestions: Garnish with sliced scallion (green onion) or chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Total cost: $7.20
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 260; Total fat 13g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 800mg; Carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 3g; Protein 18g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 25%DV; Iron 20%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesThis low calorie, knock-your-socks-off supper is sure to impress with its global flavors. For this easy yet exotic Thai Coconut Chicken Soup, all you need is a saucepan and a reasonably well-stocked pantry. This dish is brimming with phytonutrient-rich tofu, a can of creamy coconut milk, fragrant lime, and a little hot spot of chili paste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Italy or BustSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More