THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 cans (19 oz each) ready-to-serve chicken noodle soup
- 16 oz firm, calcium-fortified tofu, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1 finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste with garlic
Combine soup, tofu and coconut milk in a large saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
Stir in the lime zest, lime juice, and chili paste.
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with sliced scallion (green onion) or chopped cilantro, if desired.
Total cost: $7.20
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 260; Total fat 13g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 800mg; Carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 3g; Protein 18g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 25%DV; Iron 20%DV
Website Credit: http://www.mealtime.org