THAI DEATH BY SOUP
Thai Death by Soup
- Cooking Time: 20min
- Servings: 4-6
- 1lb Pork or Chicken, sliced thinly
- 1/2lb Shitake Mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
- Sesame oil
- 3tblsp minced Ginger (I buy it in a jar)
- 1 can diced Green Chilis
- 3tblsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2tsp Cayenne
- 1/2tsp Madras Curry
- 1/2tsp Turmeric
- 1/2tsp Coriander
- 1/4c fresh Lime Juice (since I don't know where to get Asian lime, I use Key)
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 2c+/- Water
- Cilantro and Green Onions for garnish
* Saute the meat, mushrooms and garlic in sesame oil in a wok or deep skillet til done; remove from pan and set aside.
* Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT GARNISH as shown, stirring well to blend and incorporate each, into same skillet, finishing w/the milk and water.
* Add meat mixture back to soup; bring to a boil and cook 8-10min.
* Garnish & serve!
*** If you can get fresh Lemon Grass and/or Kafir Lime Leaves, those make a more authentic garnish....