- Cooking Time: 20min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb Pork or Chicken, sliced thinly
- 1/2lb Shitake Mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
- Sesame oil
- 3tblsp minced Ginger (I buy it in a jar)
- 1 can diced Green Chilis
- 3tblsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2tsp Cayenne
- 1/2tsp Madras Curry
- 1/2tsp Turmeric
- 1/2tsp Coriander
- 1/4c fresh Lime Juice (since I don't know where to get Asian lime, I use Key)
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 2c+/- Water
- Cilantro and Green Onions for garnish
- * Saute the meat, mushrooms and garlic in sesame oil in a wok or deep skillet til done; remove from pan and set aside.
- * Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT GARNISH as shown, stirring well to blend and incorporate each, into same skillet, finishing w/the milk and water.
- * Add meat mixture back to soup; bring to a boil and cook 8-10min.
- * Garnish & serve!
- *** If you can get fresh Lemon Grass and/or Kafir Lime Leaves, those make a more authentic garnish....
NotesThat's what my friend that makes this calls it. I don't know what it's called in Thai, but it's sure as hell hot as hell... I love Asian food- all the fiery spices and interesting combos of ingredients that you just don't get from the South or Midwest. I think I developed a penchant for it long ago, as my bro is from Korea, but it's only been in the last decade or so that I've really branched out and learned to make a lot of it. Enjoy!