- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- Curry Paste Ingredients:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 dried chilies
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried galangal (Indonesian spice, looks like ginger, can be purchased in powder form)
- 2 tsp ground lemon grass
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Other Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1-1/2 lbs Firm Fish, (Halibut, Cod, Monkfish), cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 2-inches fresh root ginger, skinned and finely shredded
- 1 Jalapeno chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
- Place all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor and process until it’s a paste consistency.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok, add the curry paste over medium heat and fry 1-2 minutes. Stir constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the fish, fish sauce, sugar, ginger, chili pepper, and basil, mix well. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally and slow cook for approximately 10 minutes. Sprinkle fresh basil and cilantro on top. Serve over rice.
NotesBesides Chinese, Japanese and Italian, I also love Thai cuisine. I especially love curry dishes. This Thai Fish Curry recipe was taught to me by my favorite Thai restaurant owner. I have attempted to make this a couple of times and both times it turned out well, but I still prefer the way they make it at the restaurant the best.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More