THAI FISH CURRY
Thai Fish Curry
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Curry Paste Ingredients:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 dried chilies
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried galangal (Indonesian spice, looks like ginger, can be purchased in powder form)
- 2 tsp ground lemon grass
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Other Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1-1/2 lbs Firm Fish, (Halibut, Cod, Monkfish), cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 2-inches fresh root ginger, skinned and finely shredded
- 1 Jalapeno chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
Place all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor and process until it’s a paste consistency.
Heat the oil in a skillet or wok, add the curry paste over medium heat and fry 1-2 minutes. Stir constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Add the fish, fish sauce, sugar, ginger, chili pepper, and basil, mix well. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally and slow cook for approximately 10 minutes. Sprinkle fresh basil and cilantro on top. Serve over rice.