- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 cups - coconut milk, divided
- 1 1/2 oz - Thai green curry paste
- 6 - small Thai eggplants, cubed (substitute Japanese)
- 2 1/4 tbsp - fish sauce
- 2 tsp - palm sugar
- 2 - kaffir lime leaves (I buy them fresh and then freeze them in a small baggy)
- 3 lb - halibut, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp - Thai basil leaves, chopped (substitute sweet basil)
- Combine one cup of the coconut milk and the green curry paste.
- Cook down the mixture until the milk starts to separate.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, eggplants, fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime leaves.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add the halibut and basil and cook for 3 - 5 minutes more.
- Serve with fragrant jasmine rice.
NotesAnother one from Karen Barnaby's 'Halibut - The Cookbook'. Just a great book for halibut recipes as you can tell. This one she got from Susan Mendelson's 'Mama Now Cooks Like This.
Intro to this says she learned to make it in Phuket, Thailand in a cooking class.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More