THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE
Thai Green Curry Paste
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds - toasted until brown in a hot pan (I used ground and it turned out fine)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds - toasted until brown in a hot pan
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I used half of this as I don’t like using a lot of salt)
- Fresh (all chopped roughly):
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, skin removed
- 3 Tbsp. lemongrass, lower 1/3 only
- 1 tsp. kaffir lime peel (I used regular lime peel and it was fine)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 Tbsp. shallots
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. fish sauce (or shrimp paste - I am allergic to shrimp so I subbed the fish sauce)
- 1 tsp. fresh tumeric (I didn’t have this so I used ground)
- 15-20 small jalapenos/serrano chiles
- 1 cup sweet basil leaves
Grind up the dried ingredients to a powder in a spice grinder.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and grind until a paste forms.
If needed, a water by the tablespoon until you get a paste.
This recipe made about 8 tbsp. paste.
It keeps in the fridge just like this for a week.
If you fry it until cooked it will keep for months in the fridge in a jar.