- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 package frozen cuttlefish balls (optional)
- 1 can Mae Sri green curry paste
- 2 cans good quality coconut milk
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- Chop the zucchini into large half moons and set them aside. Cut the chicken into even, bite-sized chunks and set aside. Run warm water over the package of fish balls to soften them.
- Open the cans of coconut milk and set them to the side. Heat a little oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, and add the curry paste. (If you have a low tolerance for heat, use just half the can.) Fry it, stirring a little. This will be quite pungent, so turn on the fan! Scoop the thickened coconut solids out of one can of coconut milk, leaving the watery milk below. Fry this for a few moments with the curry paste too, until the oil starts to separate out. Add the chicken pieces and fry them a bit with this.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk plus a little water, if the liquid does not cover the chicken. Add the fish balls, if you're using them. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the fish balls are warm - about 6 to 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, add the zucchini and simmer just until they're tender. Taste and adjust seasonings with fish sauce, sugar, and soy sauce until it is balanced enough for your tastes. Serve with rice or rice noodles.
- This keeps well, freezes well, and does great made the night before and heated up the next day.
NotesFor the curry paste I use the Mae Sri brand, found in a little green can at your local Asian grocery. Good quality coconut milk is important, too; I use Chaokoh.
Also, this recipe is easily adaptable to vegetarians - just use the zucchini and leave out the meat and fish, or add some fried tofu squares at the end.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More