- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tbsp freshly fine-ground specialty coffee
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander powder
- 4 or 5 whole green cardamom pods, ground
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 oz. heavy whipped cream
- Place the coffee and spices in the filter cone of the brewer. (The spices will taint the filter basket, so use one for the Thai iced coffee only, or use a paper filter and wash the brew basket thoroughly after each use.) Brew coffee as usual and allow to cool.
- Add simple syrup to a tall glass. Add 8 ice cubes and pour coffee (1 inch) from the top of the glass. Hold the back of a spoon over the glass, slowly pour the heavy whipped cream over the spoon onto the coffee, creating a layered look. This will prevent the cream from dispersing into the coffee right away. Serve with a flexible straw and a tall spoon.
NotesI love Thai food. We have a great Thai restaurant in town which makes a great Thai Iced Coffee. The following recipe is not from there but is very close to it. Surprisingly, this is a concoction of spices and coffee that complement each other. The cardamom spice kicks it up a bit and leaves a pleasant aftertaste.
Source: Coffee Cafe by Sherri Johns
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More