- Cooking Time: 240
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 7 cups filtered water
- 7 cardamom pods, smashed
- 10 bags black tea
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Combine the water and cardamom pods in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and stir gently.
- Steep for 10 minutes, then remove the tea bags.
- Add the sugar and condensed milk and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the cooled tea mixture from the saucepan and pour this into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Strain and refrigerate the remaining tea.
- When ready to serve, divide the tea ice cubes between four glasses.
- Fill the glasses with the chilled tea mixture, leaving a little extra space at the top.
- Top each glass off with 2 tablespoons of the half-and-half.
NotesI've always loved this drink and finally created it at home!
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More