- Cooking Time: 240
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 7 cups filtered water
- 7 cardamom pods, smashed
- 10 bags black tea
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Combine the water and cardamom pods in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and stir gently.
- Steep for 10 minutes, then remove the tea bags.
- Add the sugar and condensed milk and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the cooled tea mixture from the saucepan and pour this into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Strain and refrigerate the remaining tea.
- When ready to serve, divide the tea ice cubes between four glasses.
- Fill the glasses with the chilled tea mixture, leaving a little extra space at the top.
- Top each glass off with 2 tablespoons of the half-and-half.
NotesI've always loved this drink and finally created it at home!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Recipes for Vitality
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More