- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my husband's favorite recipies. We use with chicken thighs. He loves the sauce and says it tastes better reheated later as leftovers. It came from a Martha Stewart Living article about marinades.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup asian fish sauce
- 4 cloves garlic -- coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger -- freshly grated
- 1 lime -- juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small red chile -- coarsely chopped
- In a blender or food processor, puree ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds. Arrange meat in a shallow non-reactive dish or resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; rub gently into meat. Cover; refrigerate 12-24 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Before cooking, remove meat from refrigerator and let it come to a cool room temperature. Cook as desired, basting occasionally with marinade during the first half of cooking.