Thai Peanut Chicken
Why I Love This Recipe
I have an Ex that was strictly a meat 'n taters, and gravy out of the jar guy. He didn't even know a person could make gravy without opening a jar. I mean PLAIN tv-commercial food. And you know what he loved? My Peanut Chicken! Even though he didn't like crunchy peanut butter sammiches. Even though he didn't like onions. Even though he didn't like brown rice.... he liked this. I made it again yesterday, for my NEXT Ex! Hehehe...
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2c Soy sauce
Juice and Zest of 2 Limes
1tsp Ginger paste
1tsp Thai/Vietnamese Chili Paste
1tblsp crushed Garlic
6+ Chicken Thighs, deboned & chunked
Vegetable Oil for stirfrying
1tblsp Sesame oil
1 Onion, sliced
1 sm can Water Chestnuts
3-4 heads Baby Bok Choy, sliced
1c chunky natural Peanut Butter
1c brown Rice
* Mix together first 8 ingredients, and add chicken; marinate overnight.
The Next Day...
* Start to cook rice using your desired method; I steam, and this takes approx 50min, so I time so rice has 15-20min remaining and I then begin the process of cooking the chicken.
* Heat oils in wok on med-high flame.
* Add chicken and about 1/4c of marinade (reserving remains); stir-fry 4-6min, til close to done.
* Add veggies and stir-fry 3-5min til beginning to tender.
* Remove mixture from pan; set aside.
* Add remaining marinade and reduce til it just covers the bottom, about 1/3c +/-.
* Add peanut butter and stir quickly to blend.
* Add chicken & veggie mixture back to wok; stir again to coat and heat well thru.
* Serve doled out over plates of rice. Crushed peanuts make a nice garnish.