THAI PEANUT CHICKEN
Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1/2c Soy sauce
- Juice and Zest of 2 Limes
- 1tsp Ginger paste
- 1tsp Thai/Vietnamese Chili Paste
- 1tblsp crushed Garlic
- 1/2tsp Curry
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 6+ Chicken Thighs, deboned & chunked
- Vegetable Oil for stirfrying
- 1tblsp Sesame oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 sm can Water Chestnuts
- 3-4 heads Baby Bok Choy, sliced
- 1c chunky natural Peanut Butter
- 1c brown Rice
* Mix together first 8 ingredients, and add chicken; marinate overnight.
The Next Day...
* Start to cook rice using your desired method; I steam, and this takes approx 50min, so I time so rice has 15-20min remaining and I then begin the process of cooking the chicken.
* Heat oils in wok on med-high flame.
* Add chicken and about 1/4c of marinade (reserving remains); stir-fry 4-6min, til close to done.
* Add veggies and stir-fry 3-5min til beginning to tender.
* Remove mixture from pan; set aside.
* Add remaining marinade and reduce til it just covers the bottom, about 1/3c +/-.
* Add peanut butter and stir quickly to blend.
* Add chicken & veggie mixture back to wok; stir again to coat and heat well thru.
* Serve doled out over plates of rice. Crushed peanuts make a nice garnish.