- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2c Soy sauce
- Juice and Zest of 2 Limes
- 1tsp Ginger paste
- 1tsp Thai/Vietnamese Chili Paste
- 1tblsp crushed Garlic
- 1/2tsp Curry
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 6+ Chicken Thighs, deboned & chunked
- Vegetable Oil for stirfrying
- 1tblsp Sesame oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 sm can Water Chestnuts
- 3-4 heads Baby Bok Choy, sliced
- 1c chunky natural Peanut Butter
- 1c brown Rice
- * Mix together first 8 ingredients, and add chicken; marinate overnight.
- The Next Day...
- * Start to cook rice using your desired method; I steam, and this takes approx 50min, so I time so rice has 15-20min remaining and I then begin the process of cooking the chicken.
- * Heat oils in wok on med-high flame.
- * Add chicken and about 1/4c of marinade (reserving remains); stir-fry 4-6min, til close to done.
- * Add veggies and stir-fry 3-5min til beginning to tender.
- * Remove mixture from pan; set aside.
- * Add remaining marinade and reduce til it just covers the bottom, about 1/3c +/-.
- * Add peanut butter and stir quickly to blend.
- * Add chicken & veggie mixture back to wok; stir again to coat and heat well thru.
- * Serve doled out over plates of rice. Crushed peanuts make a nice garnish.
NotesI have an Ex that was strictly a meat 'n taters, and gravy out of the jar guy. He didn't even know a person could make gravy without opening a jar. I mean PLAIN tv-commercial food. And you know what he loved? My Peanut Chicken! Even though he didn't like crunchy peanut butter sammiches. Even though he didn't like onions. Even though he didn't like brown rice.... he liked this. I made it again yesterday, for my NEXT Ex! Hehehe...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More