- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained & rinsed well
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 ½ Tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 Thai chili pepper, ribs & seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Place the garbanzo beans, pumpkin, red curry paste, tahini paste, ginger, Thai chili and salt in a food processor. Set on high and process, 1-2 minutes. Slowly add the coconut milk while still processing. Continue on high until smooth, about 30-45 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- For the topping, stir together the red curry paste and coconut milk. Drizzle on top of the hummus. Drizzle the sesame oil and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top. Serve with veggies, crackers, chips or pita bread for dipping.
- NOTE: Want ideas for leftovers? Use it as a sauce atop chicken breast before baking or toss with some steamed vegetables and rice noodles.
NotesI absolutely love Thai food. It is my go-to comfort food and I could pretty much eat it anytime. I was experimenting with ideas for dips one day while craving Thai food so I decided to use red curry paste in hummus and the result was amazing. I can't get enough of this dip and it's now one of my go-to recipes!
Submitted by: "Barbara Ecker"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More