- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (14 ounces) dried rice stick noodles or 14 ounces dried linguine
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts, divided (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Place rice stick noodles in large bowl; cover with hot water.
- Soak until soft, about 20 minutes. (If using linguine, cook according to package directions.) Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat.
- Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer shrimp and garlic to a plate. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet.
- Add eggs and scramble.
- Transfer to plate with shrimp.
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet.
- Add the noodles and water.
- Toss the noodles to coat with the oil.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture; cook, tossing, until noodles are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp mixture, eggs, green onions, carrot and 3/4 cup bean sprouts; cook for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer noodles to a platter.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and remaining sprouts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More