- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3 to 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 12 ouncesChicken breasts boneless and skinless; ground or minced
- 4 clovesgarlic; finely chopped
- 2 Shallots minced
- 6 Thai Chilies; finely chopped
- 1 dashGround white pepper
- 3 largeeggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoonsVegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoonSoy sauce; sweet
- 1 bunchThai basil leaves; stem removed
- 1 1/3 tablespoonFish sauce
- 1 teaspoonGranulated sugar
- 1. Add oil to heated wok or skillet if wok not available
- 2. Add chopped garlic and shallots. Stir fry the garlic and shallots until aromatic, then add chicken meat. Use spatula to stir fry and break up chicken into small lumps. When the chicken meat changes color (about 4-5 minutes of cooking), toss in chilies, fish sauce, sugar, and soy sauce
- 3. Continue to stir fry about 2-3 minutes then add basil leaves and stir a few times until leaves are wilted
- 4. Sprinkle white pepper, stir, serve over white rice
- 5. Top with sunny side or over easy egg
NotesThis recipe is by my girlfriend. She is from Thailand, and I am always trying to learn more about authentic ways of preparing Thai dishes. This is one of my favorites! So Spicy! So Yummy!
I have to recommend using a sunny side up egg over this dish. It really completes and compliments the dish well. The egg adds a nice balance to the spicy.
You can control the heat of the dish by increasing or decreasing the amount of Thai Chilies used.