- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 whole yellow onion - medium dice
- 1 dried red chili - sliced
- 2 cups brown rice risotto
- 2 cups white wine
- 5 quarts hot water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 bunch asparagus - ends chopped off and cut into 2 inch sticks
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1# medium sized shrimp peeled
- Begin by heating a medium sized pan on the burner with a generous glug of olive oil.
- Once lightly, lightly smoking, add your onions and cook until translucent. Add your chili and stir into onions.
- Toss in your brown rice and lightly toast. You should be able to see the rice turn vaguely translucent. Season with a generous pinch of salt (about a tablespoon).
- Add the white wine and reduce until just about dry and sticky.
- Begin by adding a couple ladle fulls of hot water to the mix and cook until almost no water remains. Remember to always stir. Continue this process until rice is "al dente", and just sticks in between your teeth when it is chewed.
- At this point add in your coconut milk and cook until desired consistency. Remember, as the rice sits and cools, it will set slightly.
- Finish with Lime Juice at the end and season with salt to taste.
- While the risotto is finishing, heat a medium sized saute pan with olive oil and lightly roast asparagus. Add to rice.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil, and when pan is smoking, toss in the mushrooms. Saute for three to four minutes until juicy and tender, season with salt, and toss in with the risotto.
- Saute the Shrimp in Olive Oil until pink and set on top of rice with other vegetables.
- Serve Immediately and Enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More