- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound Pork loin; trimmed
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Peanut oil; or vegetable
- 1 large onion; chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 cup Tomatoes; diced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 1 cup Bell pepper; chopped
- 3/4 cup Cucumber; peeled, seeded, sliced
- 2 teaspoon Serrano chiles; minced
- 4 teaspoon Tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup water; plus 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 1 cup Basmati rice; uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1. About 30 minutes before you want to prepare the pork, wash 1 cup of basmati rice well, and drain.
- 2. In a rice cooker, add 1 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp salt, add the washed basmati, cover, and set to normal cycle. Rice will take 15 minutes. Once rice has completed, start cooking the pork, as the pork is best served immediately.
- 3. Slice pork into scallops, about 1 1/2 inches.
- 4. Combine 1/4 cup water, fish sauce, sugar and ketchup. Whisk, set aside. (nam pla mix)
- 5. In another small bowl, mix the tapioca starch and 2 1/2 tbsp of water, and reserve
- 6. Heat a wok or large skillet on high heat for 30 seconds then add peanut oil. once oil just starts to smoke, add garlic. When garlic is light brown, add the pork, spread out, and let cook for 2 minutes. turn over, and cook until pink color disappears, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7. Add onions, tomatoes, and stir, mixing well, for about 1 minute
- 8. Add vinegar, and mix well
- 9. add the nam pla mix and mix well to combine. Add scallions, peppers, chilies, cucumbers, mix well.
- 10. pour in the tapioca starch mixture, stir continuously until sauce is bubbling.
- 11. Turn heat off, plate over a serving of Basmati
NotesJust a wonderful tasting pork dish. You can substitute the Basmati rice for any rice or even serve the pork by itself with other sides that you like. Also works well with chicken if you are not a pork lover.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More