- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c. fish sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. lime juice - fresh is best
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk ( reg. or fat free)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1 can straw mushrooms
- 1 lb. shrimp, chicken or tofu, in chunks
- 3-4 T. roasted red chili paste
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a medium saucepan place the fish sauce, water, lime juice, ginger, sugar, coconut milk and lemongrass.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, meat or tofu, and chili paste. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- Serves 4
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More