THAI VEGAN COCONUT ICE CREAM
Thai Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 3 ½ cups – about 2 standard 14 ounce/400ml cans of unsweetened coconut cream
- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 ½ Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 tsp organic alcohol free coconut flavour or 1 tsp natural alcohol free vanilla extract
- organic soaked and dehydrated nuts for garnish (optional)
Stir the arrowroot into 1/2 cup of cold coconut milk.
Heat the rest of the coconut milk, agave and salt in a saucepan until well combined. Just about a minute.
Stir in the arrowroot mixture and stir on medium/low heat until thickened – about 5 minutes.
Stir in the coconut essence and shredded coconut and allow to cool.
Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least a few hours (overnight is preferable) until really cold.
Process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Place in the freezer to solidify and serve serve garnished with nuts and toasted coconut flakes IF it makes it that far! YUM!