- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup cran-apple juice
- 3 cups grated Emmentaler cheese
- 2 cups grated jack cheese
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp calvados or other brandy
- Cut the garlic and rub it on the insides of the pot.
- Pour in the wine and juice.
- Heat gently and then place over the lit burner.
- Toss the cheeses in the cornstarch and mustard powder.
- Gradually stir into the liquids.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until the cheese has melted.
- Stir in the brandy and continue to cook until thick and creamy.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More