- Cooking Time: 3
- Preparation Time:
- Cream Cheese Pastry (recipe at the bottom)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked Turkey - chopped
- 1 1/2 cup stuffing or dressing
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons gravy
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 1 teaspoon milk (for egg wash)
- cranberry sauce (optional - you can serve on the side)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a batch of Cream Cheese pastry (see below). Divide dough in 1/2 and wrap each 1/2 in wax paper and refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Mix chopped turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. The mixture should hold together when you scoop it or form it into a ball. If it is crumbly add more mashed potatoes and gravy until you have the correct consistency. Roll out pastry to 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1 1/2" - 2" circles. Place about 1 teaspoon of the turkey filling onto the middle of the pastry circle. Whisk together the egg and milk to make the egg wash. Brush the bottom edge of the pastry with the egg wash and fold the pasty in half. It should look a bit like a pot sticker. Crimp the edges of the turnover with a fork. Do this with there rest of the pastry.
- Place all the turnovers onto a baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Serve with cranberry sauce or extra gravy.
- Cream Cheese Pastry: 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, 1/2 (1 stick) cup butter, 2 cups all purpose flower
- Mix all ingredients together until it forms a ball or pulls together. Divide in half and form into balls. Wrap each half in wax paper and refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
NotesI was looking for a simple leftover recipe and I came up with this. My husband called it, "The perfect meal!"
This recipe works with all sorts of modifications. Experiment and have fun!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Fueling a FirehouseSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More