- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIt is wonderful!!This will be thick (it holds its shape), sweet and yummy!!! Can be sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick; eaten just like it is; slice the slices into wedges; whatever you like!! Yes, add whipped cream or ???? Who doesn't like condensed milk!!! Melts in your mouth!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (any brand but NOT evaporated)
- 1 large pot
- Put the whole can (minus the label) unopened at the bottom of the pot. Cover the can with water. Put the pot on the stove.
- Cook (simmer, not boil) for 3 hours (add more water to keep the can covered).
- Remove the can carefully. Let the can cool a bit (maybe an hour). Freeze the can for 24 hrs.
- When ready, open BOTH ends of the can, remove one 'lid' and push the caramel out with the other lid!!! (A trick is to slide out 1/4" and using the can as a guide, make a slice. If you still have some left, wrap the whole can in plastic and put back in the freezer.)