- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (any brand but NOT evaporated)
- 1 large pot
- Put the whole can (minus the label) unopened at the bottom of the pot. Cover the can with water. Put the pot on the stove.
- Cook (simmer, not boil) for 3 hours (add more water to keep the can covered).
- Remove the can carefully. Let the can cool a bit (maybe an hour). Freeze the can for 24 hrs.
- When ready, open BOTH ends of the can, remove one 'lid' and push the caramel out with the other lid!!! (A trick is to slide out 1/4" and using the can as a guide, make a slice. If you still have some left, wrap the whole can in plastic and put back in the freezer.)
NotesIt is wonderful!!This will be thick (it holds its shape), sweet and yummy!!! Can be sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick; eaten just like it is; slice the slices into wedges; whatever you like!! Yes, add whipped cream or ???? Who doesn't like condensed milk!!! Melts in your mouth!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More