THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups of butter
- 32 ounces of chocolate chips
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 1/2 cups of blended oatmeal
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- (Optional) 3 cups of chopped nuts - your choice.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Pour oatmeal into a blender and blend to a fine powder. Set aside.
Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
Add chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
Roll into balls, place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. (For softer cookies - bake only 8 minutes)
Feel free to halve the recipe 0r freeze half the dough WITHOUT the chocolate chips.