- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed or mix with a spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfulls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown, but still soft in the center.
- Cool 1-2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
NotesI've tried tons of recipes looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found it in Betty Crocker's Big Red Cookbook. These always come out great stay just the right amount of soft for days. :)