- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed or mix with a spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfulls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown, but still soft in the center.
- Cool 1-2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
NotesI've tried tons of recipes looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found it in Betty Crocker's Big Red Cookbook. These always come out great stay just the right amount of soft for days. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
My Family CookbookSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More