- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tbsps. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter,softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir together oats, flour, baking powder and soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons unto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheets several minutes before transferring to rack to cool further.
NotesSeriously, these are the greatest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - people go nuts for them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More