- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tbsps. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter,softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir together oats, flour, baking powder and soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons unto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheets several minutes before transferring to rack to cool further.
NotesSeriously, these are the greatest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - people go nuts for them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More