- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Bell peppers, halved (buy 5; only boil 4 and dice the other one)
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes wtih green chilies
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 3 c. cooked long grain rice
- 1 T. butter
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced (as mentioned above)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Velveeta cheese slices
- Brown the one bell pepper with the onion in the butter. Saute. Then, add hamburger meat and brown. Drain off excess oil and set aside. In a big pot, after gutting the peppers, boil some water and add peppers. Boil (I don't boil) until peppers are tender (but not mushy) then take them out.
- Put on a cookie sheet or deep pan. Add mushroom soup, Ro-Tel tomatoes, rice and seasonings to the hamburger mixture. Stir and stuff into peppers. Slice Velveeta cheese and put a thick slice on top of each pepper half. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
NotesThese are AWESOME! I haven't eaten the kind that are cooked in tomato juice since trying this recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More