- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Bell peppers, halved (buy 5; only boil 4 and dice the other one)
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes wtih green chilies
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 3 c. cooked long grain rice
- 1 T. butter
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced (as mentioned above)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Velveeta cheese slices
- Brown the one bell pepper with the onion in the butter. Saute. Then, add hamburger meat and brown. Drain off excess oil and set aside. In a big pot, after gutting the peppers, boil some water and add peppers. Boil (I don't boil) until peppers are tender (but not mushy) then take them out.
- Put on a cookie sheet or deep pan. Add mushroom soup, Ro-Tel tomatoes, rice and seasonings to the hamburger mixture. Stir and stuff into peppers. Slice Velveeta cheese and put a thick slice on top of each pepper half. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
NotesThese are AWESOME! I haven't eaten the kind that are cooked in tomato juice since trying this recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More